Chicken Gnocchi Veronese (Olive Garden)
photo by PSU Lioness
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced (julienned)
- 1⁄2 zucchini, sliced (julienned)
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced in 1/2 strips
- 2 small rosemary sprigs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 14 fluid ounces heavy cream
Gnocchi (or 1 pound prepared gnocchi cooked per package directions)
- 2 quarts water
- 6 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 lbs russet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- WASH potatoes and place in water. Cook potatoes until soft (cook time will depend on size of potatoes). Remove potatoes from water and cool in refrigerator.
- PEEL cooled potatoes and push them through a fine grater (rice grater) until mashed; do not over-mash potatoes or they will get tough.
- COMBINE potatoes, flour and eggs in a mixing bowl. Mix well until dough does not stick to hands (add small amounts of flour at a time if needed).
- DIVIDE dough into 4 sections. Roll out each section into a long rope. Cut each rope into ½” pieces. Push fork tines on each piece for the classic gnocchi appearance.
- BRING water to a boil in a sauce pot. Drop in gnocchi and cook until they float.
- Chicken & Sauce.
- COMBINE garlic, lemon juice, rosemary and chicken slices in a mixing bowl. Let marinate for at least 2 hours.
- COMBINE Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese and heavy cream in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- HEAT sauté pan on medium high. Add extra virgin olive oil, onions, bell peppers, and zucchini. Saute until onions are translucent (do not brown).
- ADD marinated chicken slices and cook until slices are brown on all sides and internal temperature is 165°F Reduce heat and add sauce mixture. Bring to a simmer.
- DRAIN cooked gnocchi and add to pan with chicken, vegetables and sauce. Stir to coat gnocchi with sauce.
- SERVE gnocchi topped with extra Parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I am not fan of Olive Garden but this recipe was great! I used store bought gnocchi instead of making my own (I am ashamed!) but it turned out really wonderful. The sauce was thick and rich and coated everything in an amazing creaminess. Paired with the zucchini (I used a whole zucchini) and other veggies, it was fantastic! We used 2 large chicken breasts and made the rest of the recipe as instructed and it made enough for my husband and myself with PLENTY of leftovers. Thank you very much for posting! We will definitely make this again when we have time to make the gnocchi ourselves!
I made this for my Mother-In-Law's birthday dinner tonight and it got wonderful reviews from all. I used frozen gnocchi instead of making it from scratch and it made the recipe quick, easy, but still yummy. Next time I think I would increase the vegetables. I also had to cook the sauce a bit more to get it thicker. Very tasty!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've always loved cooking and I'm very into changing small deatils in a dish to liven it up.