Chicken Enchilada Pasta
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces pasta, rotini, bowties, mafalda
- 2 1⁄2 - 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 2 -3 teaspoons cumin, to taste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, can use cheddar, cheddar jack
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro or 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 3⁄4 cup light sour cream, optional for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 pan; set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- Return the cooked, drained pasta to the empty pot. Stir in the cooked cubed chicken, scallions, tomatoes, corn, tomato sauce, enchilada sauce, cumin, chili powder and garlic powder. Mix well and add salt if needed.
- Pour mixture into the 13 x 9 dish.
- Evenly sprinkle with the shredded cheese and then the cilantro or parsley.
- Bake at 350 for about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Serve with dallops of the sour cream, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very tasty and so easy to put together. DH and the kids aren't real fans of the red enchilada sauce, so I am going to try this again with green enchilada sauce. We used a Mexican blend of cheeses, 2 tsps of cumin, and used diced tomatoes with green chiles. This is a very good throw together fast meal, and a great way to use up leftovers. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT5.
see 7 more reviews