- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 2 cups finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- Let the oil get heated in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- ADd in onions and garlic; stir/saute for 4 minuts or until onion is tender.
- Add in chicken; cook/stir for 4 minutes.
- Add in curry powder and marjoram; cook 1 minute.
- Add in tomato, broth, and pepper; lower heat and simmer 15 minutes; remove from heat.
- Mix together the yogurt and flour; stir with a whisk.
- Add to chicken mixture.
- Cook 1 minute or until slightly thick.
- Serve mixture over couscous; sprinkle raisins on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great recipe -- hearty, filling, and definitely doesn't taste "light". I did add more curry powder, because I felt the recipe needed it after tasting. However, I used 1/2 teaspoon cayenne and did not find it too spicy, as the previous reviewer did. I did make sure to use mild curry powder, though, so I could control the spiciness level more easily. Tasty and easy recipe. Thanks for posting it!
I thought to myself, "Hey, this is a Cooking Light recipe...it'll be great!". I liked the mouth feel of it and the tang of the yogurt. My problem was the overall effect: the cayenne packed a whallop and then my tastebuds expected a rich curry flavor. Instead, it was kind of dull once the burn wore off. If I make this again, I'd do two tablespoons curry powder and half of the cayenne...maybe even 1/8 teaspoon.