Chicken Cordon Bleu & Rice Casserole
A very versatile recipe that I found in one of my favorite brand name cookbooklets. Other flavors of fast-cooking rice mixes can be used, almonds or cranberries would add a nice zip as well as sliced mushrooms.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 small carrots, shredded (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 (6 ounce) packages chicken-flavor long grain wild rice mix, fast cooking
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 4 slices ham, fully cooked, cut in half (1/8 inch thick)
- 4 slices swiss cheese, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add water, carrots, butter, and rice mix to baking dish. Place chicken on rice mixture and top with ham.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and thickest pieces of chicken are no longer pink when cut.
- Place cheese on ham slices and bake uncovered 3 to 4 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I had a really hard time with this casserole. I followed the directions and used the correct amounts. There was so much liquid when I took off the foil, You couldn't even see the rice. We had to take out the chicken and drain the whole pan through a strainer to get the rice. There wasn't very much flavor on the rice. Sorry for this review.