Chicken and White Sauce over Rice
photo by ManKitchen0007
- Ready In:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (rubbed between your fingers to release flavor)
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- 4 -5 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups rice
- In sauce pan melt butter, then add thyme and garlic, whisk for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add flour, stir to a paste.
- Add milk and bring to slow boil while stirring until thickened.
- Add parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and stir to melt cheese.
- Bring chicken broth and water to boil then add rice and simmer 20 - 25 minutes until all liquid absorbed and rice is tender.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Slice chicken breast into 1" chunks and add to heated oil.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder and cumin.
- Saute until chicken cooked.
- Once chicken cooked drain excess oil and add to finished sauce.
- Serve over rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!