- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 800 g chicken
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 8 red chilies, whole
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 5 cloves
- 1 teaspoon onion seeds
- 7 tablespoons mustard oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 4 medium onions
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Wash and cut the chicken into 1 1/2-inch cubes.
- Take off and cut the onions.
- Cut the tomatoes.
- Roast the whole spices separately and grind everything coarsely.
- Heat up oil in a thick-bottomed pot to smoking point, cool and again heat up the oil and stir fry the onions till brown.
- Mix in the cut ginger-garlic.
- Mix well.
- Mix in coarsely ground masala powder.
- Stir fry for half a minute, stirring all the time.
- Mix in chicken, stir fry on high flame heat up till chicken pieces are well browned.
- Mix in the tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt and mix well.
- Stir fry till oil leaves the masala.
- Mix in sufficient quantity of water (about 1 1/2 cups), bring it to a boil and cover.
- Stir fry till the chicken is fully done.
- Adjust the flavor and serve hot decorated with coriander leave.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!