Chewy Puffed Wheat Squares
- Ready In:
2 9 x 13 inch pan
- 1 1⁄2 cups margarine
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 16 cups puffed wheat cereal
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (optional)
- Butter two 9 x 13 inch pans.
- Melt margarine in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar, salt, corn syrup, cocoa powder.
- Bring to a full boil, stirring constantly. Boil for one minute, still stirring.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla if desired, then stir in cereal.
- Pour into prepared pan and press down evenly. Cut into squares when cool.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 19 year old [female] University student who loves to cook and bake with any spare time I have...!! I find it so relaxing and enjoyable to be in the kitchen, discover and try new recipes, and hopefully find some excellent keepers. Cooking, Baking, and long-distance running are the ways I de-stress and relax. I find that Recipezaar is also great for my mom who, after cooking for a large family for over 20 years, finds it hard to motivate herself to cook; with Recipezaar, there is always a new recipe to try, and it is so rewarding to find a dish that everyone enjoys. My absolute favourite thing to do in the kitchen is bake. I find it very methodical, relaxing, and fun. I worked for a restaurant in the past as the assistant pastry chef, and learned a lot from the head pastry chef. Thus, I have quite some experience baking, and have done a variety of challenging desserts because of my experience there. <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">