Chewy Flourless Chocolate Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dutch process cocoa (made with alkali)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Mix together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Gradually add egg whites, stirring with a spoon until mixture forms a dough. (Mixture should be thick enough to form into balls; if not add more powdered sugar and cocoa). Add nuts; mix well.
- Form dough into 15 balls. Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake 16 to 19 minutes, until glossy and crackled. Cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was hoping someone had posted this recipe. I made these cookies the night this issue of Relish appeared in my paper because they looked so easy. And they were. I thought I had nuts, but I didn't, so I made them without, but I have macadamias in the cupboard now, waiting for the next batch. I omitted the salt. They were so, so, so good - you'd think with all this sugar that they'd be cloying, but they weren't. Just delicious. And did I mention easy? I did need to cook them for the full 19 minutes, but I wouldn't have wanted to do longer. I made 10 larger cookies instead of 15.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am going to use this spot to put some of my favorite cooking tips and tricks that don't really warrant going in as a recipe and so I don't lose them!!