***** Chewy English Flapjack *****
photo by Houmous Monster
- Ready In:
- Put the butter, sugar, and syrup in a saucepan, and stir ir over a medium heat until the butter has melted.
- put the melted mixture into a miXing bowl, and add the porridge oats and any optional ingredients you want to add.
- put the mixture in a papered tin, flattening the mixture with the back of a spoon.
- bake the flapjack in the oven at about 180c for around 30 minutes, or until the flapjack has browned.
- note: if you are using raisons in your recipe, you might like to cook the flapjack for a shorter time, or for a longer time at a lower temperature, because raisins can burn and expand with the heat.
- once you take the flapjack out, you should cut it before it cools completely because it will harden.
- if youre impatient, eat some warm (if you havent already!) but flapjack is just as delicious chilled.
- ***** if youre a chocaholic, i would recommend that when the flapjack has cooled completely, you melt a black of chocolate and pour it over, and wait for it to set. *****.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
flapjacks are a british and scottish treat, should be using scots porrige oats (amazon) as the quaker are too big. should use tate and lyles golden syrup (not corn syrup) once you change ingredients or add things like nuts, dried druit, your making a power bar, not a flapjack. this recipe is as close as you get to a flapjack.