Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free Pancakes (Flapjacks)
This is my version of the traditional flapjack for North America for people with diet restrictions. Don't be fooled though, this breakfast staple tastes great and will satisfy just about anyone.
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- grapeseed oil, for sauteing
- In a blender, combine eggs, agave, vanilla and water and blend on high until smooth.
- Add almond flour, salt and baking soda and blend again to incorporate dry ingredients into batter.
- Warm grapeseed oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Pour pancake batter onto skillet.
- Pancakes will form little bubbles, when bubbles open, flip pancakes over and cook other side.
- Remove from heat to a plate.
- Repeat process with remaining batter, adding more oil to skillet as needed.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The only thing I changed was using honey. They were easy to mix up and tasted pretty good. However, they were so fragile that they burned on the skillet (under 350Â°) almost instantly and were impossible to flip over. Very thin. I think they need some kind of structure. I've tried a couple other of Elena's recipes that turned out great. This one didn't work. Sorry.Reply
see 3 more