Summer Cherry Tomato Salad
This is a great slad for those home growm little beauties! So easy, and is especially lovely when different colour cherry tomatoes are used.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 600 g mixed cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- flaked sea salt
- cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons basil, finely shredded
- Put onion in a bowl with the vinegar and oil. Toss well and leave to marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, until flavours blend.
- When marinated, remove from fridge and add tomatoes, salt flakes, and cracked pepper.
- Toss salad and just before serving, sprinkle tomato salad with the basil.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Tis, this is a stunning recipe!!!! It is so easy to make with very few ingredients, but the end result tastes like something youd get in a high-end restaurant! Very, very yummy!<br/>I used organic orange date tomatoes which were so good in this. As per Pat's suggestion I used balsamic vinegar reducing the amount a tad as Im not that much of a vinegar fan. It tasted so good!<br/>THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this definite keeper with us! Cant wait to make it again.<br/>Made and reviewed for the Cherry Ripe Cocktails Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #45 October 2010.