This is my dad's all time favorite dessert. I always make it for him for his birthday, but it still is oh-so-easy!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter (cut into tbls)
- chopped walnuts, however much you want
- Put oven on 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13x9 inch pan.
- Put both cans of cherry pie filling in.
- Top with cake mix.
- Press butter throughout dish.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until it looks done (haha).
- Serve warm, also is good with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream-- or both.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Tastes like it was a lot of work! 45 minutes in the oven seemed about right for mine- I used crushed pecans on the top and they were getting almost burnt. I thought this would make an enormous amount, but the finished product is not actually that deep. If you serve it more cooled, the pie filling is nice and gel-ly. But I did heat it to serve it to my guests- 45 minutes at 350F (covered in foil) was perfect.Reply
see 13 more