A quick bread with cherries that's almost cake-like. Really delicious. Cooking time includes cooling time, too.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 cup mashed drained canned apricots
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup halved maraschino cherry
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9 X 5-inch loaf pan, line the bottom with wax paper and grease the paper.
- Beat the butter with sugar until fluffy; blend in the egg.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Combine the apricots, sourcream and almond extract.
- Stir the flour mixture into the sugar mixture alternately with apricot mixture.
- Fold in the nuts and cherries.
- Turn into the loaf pan and bake 50 minutes or until crust springs back when lightly poked with fingertip.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes, turn out and cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is wonderful and the coriander blends amazingly (I added it to the dry ingredients). My single suggestion for improvement would to be to use less sweetening. I used 1/8 cup Splenda brown sugar and an exceedingly scant 1 cup of Splenda (closer to 3/4) and it's still very sweet with the canned fruit and the cherries. It's very festive and would be ideal for Christmas but who needs an excuse to have to have something yummy?