Cheesy Vegetable Soup
photo by Photo Momma
- Ready In:
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded or chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup potato, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender.
- Add water, vegetables and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in the flour, paprika and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually add milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add to soup and heat through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!