Cheesy tuna & rice muffinettes
This recipe is quick and delicious. i made it one day, and my son and hubby ate it all up, and then my hubby asked if i could make it the next day as well. this is definately worth the (little) effort that's put into it.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 7 1⁄2 cans tuna, drained
- 3⁄4 cup black olives, sliced into thirds
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
tangy butter sauce
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1/4 cup melted margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for muffinettes except eggs and milk.
- Stir in eggs and milk.
- Spray six muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- Divide rice mixture evenly among cups.
- Bake at 375 for fifteen minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Loosen with spatula, and place on serving platter.
- In a small mixing bowl combine all ingredients for tangy butter sauce.
- Top muffinettes with sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What a delicious surprise! As one who is skeptical of hot canned tuna, this really won me over. The only trouble I had was deciphering the measurements which definitely seemed off. I ended up using three cans of tuna, 3 eggs, and 4T milk. That filled one muffin tin (a dozen medium-sized cups). I had to cook it for almost 30 minutes to get it lightly browned. I would use a few less olives and little more cheese next time. The butter sauce really makes this dish. I will definitely make this again when I have leftover rice.Reply