Cheesy Onion Garlic Bread
- Ready In:
- 2 French baguettes (purchase the long thin crusty bread)
- 2 large yellow onions, very finely chopped (or minced)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened (can use more)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise (do not use salad dressing it's too sweet!)
- Set oven to broiler heat.
- Slice both baguettes diagonally into about 3/4-inch slices.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat melt butter.
- Add in the onions and garlic and saute for about 5-6 minutes or until tender, then season lightly with black pepper and a small amount of salt; set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl combine the mozza cheese with Parmesan and mayonnaise.
- Arrange the bread slices on a large baking or cookie sheet.
- Spread the onion/garlic mixture over the slices, then spread the cheese/mayo mixture over the onion/garlic mixture.
- Broil about 5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow... I will never buy another store bought garlic bread again! This was super easy and that buttery onion garlic flavor is just to die for. It was just DH and I, so we used some regular french bread slices so I scaled the recipe way down by eye which was very easy to do. I did skip the mayo but kept everything else the same. I let the cheese get nice and golden brown under the broiler and DH was very sad I didn't make more!! Reviewed for 1-2-3 hit wonders cooking game.