Cheesy Hash Brown Potatoes
photo by Tona C.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 lbs shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes or 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1 -1 1/2 tablespoon spray margarine
- Butter 9 x 13 pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix first 8 ingredients together in large bowl.
- Pour into buttered 9 x 13 pan. Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile in small bowl mix together crushed corn flakes and melted butter with fork. Remove potatoes from oven. Sprinkle corn flakes on top of potatoes. Bake 45 minutes longer, uncovered.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!