Cheesy Bacon Meatloaf
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 6 slices fully cooked bacon
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix all ingredients except bacon.
- Shape into loaf in 9x5-inch loaf pan; top with bacon.
- Bake 1 hour or until done (160°F). Let stand 5 minutes before removing from pan and slicing to serve.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve this cheesy entree with a mixed green salad and steamed vegetables, such as green beans.
- Fun Idea: For an attractive presentation, arrange bacon slices in a criss-cross patter on top of meatloaf before baking.
- Keeping It Safe: Cook meatloaf until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of loaf registers 160°F, or when center of loaf is no longer pink.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION