Cheese and Green Leafy Salads - Formally Known As Watercress And
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- Divide greens on 4 salad plates.
- Cut cheese into cubes removing rind if preferred. Place on top of greens.
- Whisk together lemon rind, juice and olive oil.
- Drizzle dressing over greens and cheese dividing equally between the 4 plates.
- Salt and pepper (freshly ground is best) if desired.
- Note: Remember when substituting ingredients to pick a spicy green like arugula or rocket and a mild cheese like queso fresco or even a montery jack- not as mild but still would be good here. Let me know what your combos are!
- Thanks Cookgirl for suggesting the queso fresco- we have some great ones made locally.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Out of this world! I served this with watercress, a mix of sprong baby greens, and a crumbled white stilton that had apple and pear in it ( from Costco- I highly recommend - yummo). My guests raved - this was a perfect compliment to the meal I served and I WILL make it again! Thanks for a great recipe!