Charlie's Afternoon Chocolate Cake
- Ready In:
- Place a rack at the centre of the oven., Heat oven to 350°F Use the baking spray to coat sides and bottom of a 9-inch round springform pan.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high , bring butter to a boil, stirring several times to prevent it from burning.
- Remove pan from heat and add chocolate, stirring until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar. Add flour and mix well. Add chocolate and butter mixture, then mix only until just combined. Pour batter into preapred cake pan.
- Bake cake for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 300°F and bake for an additional 8 minutes. Remove cake from oven and let cool completely in pan. Unmold and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.