Cevapcici With Paprika Lecho
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
For the Lecho
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 2 red peppers (sliced in rings or strips or combination)
- 2 yellow peppers (sliced in rings or strips or combination) or 2 oranges
- 1 green pepper (sliced in rings or strips or combination)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian vegetable soup mix
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
For the Cevapcici
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 small egg
- 300 g chop meat
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon sharp paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lecho: Sauté onions and peppers in oil in a Teflon pan over medium heat for 8- 10 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- After 10 minutes add the soup powder, sweet paprika and a little water if necessary.
- Cover and reduce to low heat till finished (about 10 min.).
- Cevapcici: In the meantime mix all the cevapcici ingredients together well except the oil.
- Form thumb shaped rolls.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan (ideally Teflon coated) and brown the cevapcici on all sides until crispy brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Overall, I liked this dish and will try it again. For the Lecho, I loved how the flavor of the onions and peppers combined with the Paprika. The vegatable soup base I used was real salty (discovered after I went looking for the source of the salt) adding more salt to the dish then I would of liked. Next time I will use a different soup mix. Cevapcici. I used 1 1/2 tps of the paprika and felt the 2 tsp would have been better. I would of liked the flavor of the cayenne to come through more and will increase the amount next time. I used ground sirlion for the meat. I believe the recipe would be great with ground lamb. Good recipe. We will make it again, maybe using ground lamb next time. Thanks
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi, I am a transplanted New Yorker (Upper West Side) living in Vienna (where I was born), for the past 18 years. The proud mother of 1 16 year old young man, Benjie and 1 10 year old boy Nathan. Wife of Peter, a born & bred Viennese! The latest addition to our family is Zwutsckie - A Black & White Shih Tzu. I work in the Market Research field & enjoy being confronted with new challenges & people on a daily basis. I'm also very involved in my children's school, believing that the love one receives at home & a child's education are the 2 most important factors in their future well being. My favorite hobbies? I'm a readacholic & will read just about anything - the worst thing that could happen to me would be to find myself with out a book. I also enjoy the movies & the comaraderie of "Ladies Night Out" which happens about every 2-3 weeks & last but not least collecting cook books.