Causa Relleno Con Pollo
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 lbs yellow potatoes (about 8)
- 3 yellow chiles, such as aji, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- white wine (optional but recommended)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 avocado, ripe, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- black olives (for decoration)
- Boil potatoes until soft, then mash thoroughly.
- Saute chopped chilies and minced garlic in a little vegetable oil until soft, being careful not to burn garlic or it will be bitter.
- Add lime juice to blender, along with sauteed peppers and garlic. Blend thoroughly, then add salt and pepper to taste and blend again.
- Pour lime juice mixture from blender into potatoes and mix thoroughly.
- Poach chicken in water flavored with salt and pepper. For more flavor but nontraditional taste add a little white wine to poaching liquid.
- Shred the chicken and mix with the mustard and mayonnaise.
- Grease the inside of a cheesecake pan with removable sides.
- Place a half of the potatoes on the bottom of pan, then the chicken, then the avocado and top with rest of potatoes.
- Decorate with cilantro, sliced hard boiled eggs and black olives.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour.
- Carefully remove sides of pan, then slice and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!