Cauliflower Kimchi Fried Rice
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons kimchi juice
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (Cholula, Tabasco or Frank's Red Hot) (optional)
- 1 lb skirt steak, cut into 5-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ghee, plus 2 teaspoons
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups fermented korean cabbage, chopped (kimchi)
- 2 1⁄2 cups cauliflower rice
- 4 cups curly kale, roughly chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 pinch chili, flake
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine kimchi juice, tamari, sesame oil and optional hot sauce. Set aside.
- Season steak on both sides with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium high heat, warm 1 tablespoon olive oil until just smoking. Sear steaks until lightly charred and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side depending on thickness of the meat. Remove and set aside on a plate to rest.
- Place skillet back over medium heat, melt ghee and cook onions until soft and translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in chopped kimchi, cauliflower rice and 1/2 of the tamari mixture. Reserve the other half to drizzle over final dish. Fold in chopped kale and remove from heat.
- Place a medium nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Drizzle in 2 teaspoons ghee and fry eggs until whites are set and yolk is still soft.
- To assemble, spoon cauliflower rice into a bowl, top with sliced steak and a fried egg. Garnish with a pinch of chili flakes, chopped scallions and lime wedges.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!