Cauliflower, Anchovy and Olive salad
I make this salad for work functions, sometimes using half cauli and half broccoli. It's ok to make the day before too. Don't tell anyone about the anchovies and they won't notice!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 heads cauliflower, chopped
- 160 g pitted black olives, chopped
- 90 g capers, drained
- 1 medium red Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 (56 g) can anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 80 ml lemon juice
- 60 ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 310 ml olive oil
- Boil, steam or microwave cauliflower until tender (about 3 minutes).
- Drain, rinse under cold water, drain well.
- Combine cauliflower with remaining ingredients in a bowl and add dressing; mix well.
- DRESSING: Combine all ingredients in a jar, and shake well.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This salad is not for the faint-hearted -- it's sour, bitter, crunchy, fishy and the parsley will get stuck in your teeth. That said, I love it. These are my flavours. If you like all the ingredients, you will love this salad. Otherwise, steer clear. I made two-thirds of a batch -- so a head of cauliflower -- and adjusted all the other ingredients accordingly. It makes a whole lot of dressing. I used only half and will save the remainder in the fridge for the next time or some other salad. Jan, thanks for throwing most of my favourite ingredients into one amazing dish! Yummo!Reply
see 1 more