Cat Cora's Caramelized Brussels Sprouts
Cat Cora says she loves the challenge of making Brussels sprouts irresistible. Her secret is to really let them caramelize in the brown butter. Keep them in the pan until the insides are tender and delicious! From Cat Cora's Kitchen cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Cut the bottom stems off and peel off any bruised or wilted leaves. Cut an x into the stem end (this helps them become a bit more tender during cooking). Cut each sprout in half.
- In a saucepan, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add 1 tbls. of the salt and the Brussels sprouts. Cook about 10 minutes, or tender when pierced with a knife.
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan over medium high heat and cook until golden brown. Add the sprouts. Cook for 10 minutes, constantly stirring until well caramelized on all sides.
- Remove from heat, then add the capers, lemon juice, pepper, and the 1 teaspoons salt. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!