photo by swingncocoa
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) can baby corn
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 cup cashews
- hot bean paste (or red chili flakes)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or 2 tablespoons cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In bowl, stir together ingredients for marinate.
- In separate bowl or cup, stir together ingredients for sauce.
- Trim fat from chicken breast. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch cubes. Stir chicken into marinate and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Coarsely chop onion. Drain water chestnuts and baby corn.
- Heat 1 T oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken to pan and stir fry for about 2 minutes or until cooked. Remove from pan.
- Heat 1 T oil and add garlic, ginger, onion, water chestnuts, and baby corn. Stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken to pan. Add 1 tsp hot bean sauce. Stir well.
- Add sauce and mix well, allowing the sauce to bubble and thicken. Stir in cashews. Serve over rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!