Cashew Wok Chicken
photo by Pamela
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup dry-roasted cashews
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Mix broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger and pepper sauce.
- Heat wok or large skillet.
- Add 1 tbsp of the oil and coat the surface.
- Add chicken and stir-fry till done.
- Remove chicken; set aside and keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp oil to wok or skillet.
- Add bell pepper, onion, water chestnuts and mushrooms; stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add cornstarch mixture to vegetables.
- Cook and stir about 1 minute or until sauce thickens.
- Stir in chicken and cashew coating them with the sauce.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Serve with rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very very good recipe, and so totally easy. I was pleasantly surprised by the ease of preparation and I couldn't believe how much this recipe yields. Lots of yummy leftovers which will be finished with a quickness. We were really impressed with the final result- the taste was truly splendid, and it was such an enjoyable meal. Loved it- thank you so much for sharing!