Carrot Nut Bread
Found this recipe in a Gold Medal "Lets Bake...muffins, cakes, bars & more" cookbook my DM had. Posting it for my DD who loves this recipe. This is really good served with Recipe #169850, or slathered with cream cheese. Also makes up well in muffins or mini loaves for gift giving.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, shredded (approx 3 medium)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of loaf pan.
- Mix carrots, sugar, oil and eggs in large bowl with spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients; pour into pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.