Caribbean Ginger Pepper Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunk
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a saucepan, blend the salt, cornstarch, sugar, lime juice and pineapple juice until smooth.
- Mix the water, soy sauce, ginger, jalapeno and cayenne. Gradulally stir into the saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sauce is thick and transparent.
- Finish the sauce by stirring in the pineapple chunks, wine and cilantro.
- Serve portions of fish or chicken with a liberal dollop of warm sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
WARNING: Make my recipes if you want, but I am no longer an active member and will not acknowledge reviews, photos or answer questions via z-mail. I find this site to be pretty useless without the forums. I can find recipes on a lot of different websites.