Caribbean Coconut Chicken
This dish is perfect to serve for an intimate gathering.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted garlic
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (220ºC).
- In a large skillet, fry chicken breasts in vegetable oil until the chicken just begins to brown.
- Stir onions, green bell pepper and red bell pepper into the skillet with the chicken. Saute until the onions are translucent. When the vegetables are translucent, stir in the garlic and coconut milk. Let the mixture cook 5 to 8 minutes before removing the skillet from the heat. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9- x 13-inch baking dish and bake in a 425ºF (220ºC) oven for 45 minutes, or until the vegetables cook down and the chicken is tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION