Caramelized Scallops With White Wine
- Ready In:
- Check each of your scallops for a small crescent-shaped muscle that may be attached on the side. If you find one, just peel it off with your fingers - it is easily removed. This muscle toughens during cooking.
- Rinse the scallops and dry them thoroughly. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Spread the sugar in a thin layer on a plate.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the clarified butter - when it starts to foam, you are ready to add the scallops. Dip only one side of each scallop in the sugar and place that side down in the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until nicely seared. Flip and scallops and cook for another minute. Add the wine and lemon juice to the pan. Reduce the liquid by half. After about 1 1/2 minutes, transfer the scallops to a warm platter and pour pan juices over top.
- Serve the scallops with the pan sauce and garnish with the parsley, chives and lemon zest.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My husband has continually asked me to cook scallops for him, and being that I am not a huge fan, I've been trying to hold off. Well I finally gave in when I found this recipe. Having fresh scallops makes a world of difference. I realized that I didn't have a lemon in the house, so I had to omit the lemon juice, but the scallops turned out great! I was extremely impressed with how simple, yet flavorful, this recipe is! Thanks for sharing!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a stay at home mom to a super spunky little girl. She's only 18 months and already full of personality. <br />I love recipezaar and am just getting into the contests and events. It's really helping me break out of my cooking rut. I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to review or post a photo of any of my recipes, good or bad. After all we all have different tastes and suggestions for improvement are always welcome. <br /> <br /><br /><br /><br /></p>