Caramel Icing (Nana's Boiled)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Stir in brown sugar and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add milk and return to heat until boiling.
- Remove from heat and let cool until lukewarm.
- Add sugar and beat until smooth. If too thick, add milk by tablespoons.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!