California Style Rustic Bruschetta
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 7 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 cup shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cremini mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke heart, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, sliced
- 1 medium French baguette
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- shaved parmesan cheese (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine onion and 2 tablespoons olive oil in large saute pan over medium heat. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook until onions are soft and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss mushrooms and artichoke hearts with 3 tablespoons olive oil on a medium baking sheet. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes, until everything is golden brown. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
- Combine caramelized onions, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and sun dried tomatoes in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cut baguette into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place slices on a large baking sheet, and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until crisp but not browned. Set aside.
- Combine mascarpone cheese, minced garlic, minced shallots, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Spread toasted baguette slices with the mascarpone mixture, then top with mushroom mixture. Garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!