Cajun Chipotle Salsa
a Chipotle salsa combined with a Cajun Seasoning recipe that I made after smoking Jalapeño peppers. NOTE: most Cajun seasonings contain salt; for this reason, unsalted chips are recommended (the salsa will make up for the lack of salt on the chips)
- Ready In:
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 chipotle peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- sauté the onion and garlic with the olive oil 10 minutes on medium heat.
- add the other ingredients (other than tomatoes) into the pan and let cook for on low heat.
- mix all the ingredients in a blender until chopped into a salsa.