Caesar Salad Supreme
photo by BirdyBaker
- Ready In:
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 5 anchovy fillets, minced
- 3 tablespoons grated kraft parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups day-old bread, cubed
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- Mince 3 cloves of garlic, and put in food processor with mayonnaise, anchovies, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with with fresh cracked black pepper.
- Place in a food processor and pulse a few times until ingredients areblended.
- Do not overprocess!
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cut the remaining 3 cloves of garlic into quarters, and add to hot oil.
- Cook and stir until golden but be careful not to burn!
- Remove garlic from pan.
- Add bread cubes to the hot oil.
- Cook, turning frequently, until lightly browned.
- Put bread cubes on a cookie sheet and place in a 250 degree oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Be careful not to overtoast the croutons.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl.
- Toss with dressing, freshly grated parmesan cheese and croutons.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've always been a big fan of caesar salad, but hate to admit I've used bottled dressing up until this point.. NEVER AGAIN!!This salad tastes as good or better than any fine restaurant! The homemade croutons are fabulous, infused with a wonderful garlic taste. The dressing is to die for. I used 2 anchovy filets instead of 3, for my husbands taste.. (I didn't mention it until after he ate the salad) He loved it! I actually mistakenly thought I had djon mustard, and really had a sweet mustard. I used about 3/4 teaspoon of the sweet mustard instead. It didn't ruin the taste one bit. I look forward to making this often, whenever we have our monthly lasagna or spaghetti. Thanks for a super recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am happily married to my best friend and we just bought our first house! No kids but we have 2 little dogs that we think the world of. I was born in California and although I have been on the East Coast for most of my life I am still displaced! I love the beach and hate the cold! In our free time we love to go to the beach or the mountains and hike or intertube down the lazy Shenendoah River. It is so beautiful there! I have loved to cook all of my life and will read cookbooks like they are novels! Participation & Awards: These are some of the fun games and clubs here at Zaar. <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/berriesblinkie.gif" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif"> <img src="http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/akplongmeadow/ZWT3b.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">