Cabbage Waldorf Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A yummy recipe from the Canadian Diabetic association. My husband really likes this salad! Needs to chill for about an hour, so plan ahead.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 2 cups cabbage, coarsley shredded
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, cored and chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl combine cabbage, celery, raisins and walnuts.
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Stir in to cabbage mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Stir in apples before serving.
- Diabetic Exchanges - 1 1/4 cup serving = 2 fruit, 1 fat.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION