Cabbage Roll Soup
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 10mins
- 1 lb ground round
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups coarsely chopped green cabbage
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef consomme, undiluted
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked converted rice
- Brown meat in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; drain well.
- Place meat in a 4-quart electric slow cooker; stir in water and next 10 ingredients.
- Cover; cook on low-heat for 8 hours.
- Increase heat setting to high; stir in rice.
- Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yesterday I prepared this soup and had some for lunch today. What I like is that it's a thick soup that's easy and using ingredients you usually have around. Since I didn't have diced tomatoes, I used ground plum tomatoes and it turned out great. I freeze serving size portions and that way have a variety of soups that I can thaw as I need them. Would make this soup again.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of three and live in central Pennsylvania. My children were very active in after school activities and found we weren't spending anytime together at meal time. In 1998, I decided to start cooking my dinners in a crockpot so that we could have a home cooked meal together once everyone came home. My children now get so excited to see what we are having to eat and love the smell when they walk in the door. My family calls me the crock pot queen. LOL I use my crock pot everyday of the year. <br> <br>My three children are now in college and before they come home they request their favorite meal. I still continue to cook in the crock pot for my husband and I. It is nice after a long day to know your meal is ready. It also helps in keeping my grocery bill down. With zaar, I can print my shopping list and that is all I purchase is the ingredients on that list. <br> <br>Now, my two daughters have been crock pot cooking while in college. They find it is easy to cook for the themselves and their friends. It is an easy way to have friends over for dinner after classes <br> <br>I still love trying new recipes and purchasing cookbooks, especially crock pot cookbooks. <br> <br>Happy Cooking!