Butterscotch Cashew Scotchies
photo by mary winecoff
- Ready In:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cake mix, brown sugar, melted butter, eggs and vanilla in large bowl of electric mixer. Beat on low speed 1 minute. Stop machine; scrape down sides of bowl with rubber spatula. Beat 1 minute more. Stir in half the cashews and butterscotch chips.
- Transfer batter to ungreased 11 3/4 x 7 1/2 x 1 3/4 inch glass baking dish. Spread batter evenly to all sides using rubber scraper. Sprinkle remaining cashew pieces and butterscotch chips over batter.
- Bake until golden brown and wooden pick in center comes out clean, about 30 to 32 minutes. Transfer pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut cake into 24 bars. Remove bars from pan with metal spatula.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I tried this recipe 2 weeks ago and have made it so many times. every time I share it I am asked for the recipe.I did not have yellow cake mix and I used buttered flavored. then I tried the yellow and my family loves the buttered flavor the best.I wish I could give it 10 stars. I think I will try it with chocolate cake mix with chocolate chips.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love food! I collect cookbooks and recipes and read them the way most people read novels. I have no children but I have two cats who also love to eat. I am also a movie buff and one of my biggest pet peeves is when people talk during a movie!