Butternut Squash Soufflé (Paleo - With Dairy)
An easy, healthy side dish that is appealing to both adults and children. The squash can easily be cooked in the microwave, or use frozen. For more kid appeal, sprinkle the top with cinnamon before baking. This is a modification of MSMD310's recipe #108926
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄4 cup honey or 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 lb butternut squash or (12 ounce) boxes frozen squash, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350.
- if using fresh squash, cut in half, remove seeds, place cut side down in small amount of water, cover and cook in high for 15 minutes.
- scrape flesh from skin - should be 3-4 cups.
- beat together coconut flour, maple syrup or honey, oil, eggs and milk.
- add squash and mix well.
- pour into 9x13 glass or ceramic baking dish.
- sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
- bake for 60 minutes.