Butter Toffee Cookies
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon butter-rum flavoring (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups king arthur all-purpose flour or 2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup English toffee bits
- 1 1 cup cinnamon bark or 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, flavors, salt and baking soda.
- Add the egg and beat until fluffy.
- Add the flour and stir until well-blended.
- Stir in bits and/or chips, and the nuts, if you're using them.
- Drop the dough by generous tablespoonfuls onto ungreased or parchment-lined baking sheets (our tablespoon cookie scoop, works well here), leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated 375°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes; 10 minutes will give you chewier cookies, 12 minutes crisper.
- Note: For chewy,"bendable" cookies, remove them from the oven while they still look"under-cooked" in the center; for crisp, crunchy cookies, bake until evenly golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets before transferring them to racks to cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!