Butter Toffee Cookies
photo by AZPARZYCH
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together flour and baking soda.
- Cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add toffee pieces to mixture.
- Mix creamed mixture and dry mixture together.
- Use rounded tablespoon to measure dough.
- Place dough at least 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- *If you have time to chill the dough before baking, do so! You will have cookies that are crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made these with store bought toffee bits that didn't have any chocolate and they were excellent!! I like chocolate, but do not need it in every dessert. They came out crispy and soft in the middle like you said. I used a 1 in cookie scoop and got 40 cookies...I did add some chocolate chips to the last dozen for DH and MIL and they tasted good too but I preferred without. Made for PAC Spring 2011.
I took your advise and chilled the dough overnight. The next day I baked them between 12-15 minutes. They turned out perfect, I hope they make it through the day. LOL I only used 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and will increase it to the recommend 1 tablespoon next time I make these. Made for New Kids On The Block tag game 2010
These are very good, big, chewy and flat cookies!! I took one star off because they are just so sweet! I have another batch in the over and I used a little less sugar in the dough. Hopefully it turns out less sweet. I like big cookies so for these I dropped a little bigger than ping pong sized dough balls and it made a nice big cookie. About 3 to 3.5 inches or so in diameter.