Butter Rum Cheesecake
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 25mins
Vanilla Cookie Crust
- 11 vanilla sandwich cream cookies, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
Butter Rum Filling
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 2⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, stir together crushed cookies and melted butter until well combined.
- Press crumb mixture evenly onto the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, whipping cream, and cornstarch.
- Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in rum and vanilla.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 15 minutes.
- Decrease temperature to 200° and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the center no longer looks wet or shiny.
- Remove the cake from the oven and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan.
- Chill, uncovered, overnight.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!