Banana Cinnamon Pancakes With Butter Rum Sauce
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2-3 bananas)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Butter Rum Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together milk, sugar, 2 T oil, egg, and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until the mixture is almost smooth.
- Fold the bananas into the batter.
- Let rest, loosely covered, for 20 minutes.
- Combine the melted butter and 1 T oil. Put small amount in skillet.
- For each pancake, pour ¼ cup batter. Cook over medium heat. Serve with butter rum sauce.
Butter Rum Sauce:
- Combine all the ingredients into a glass measuring cup. Cook on medium power in microwave for 2 minutes. Stir and serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love making brekky for supper. This recipe fit the bill nicely. I also love using bananas that I have in my freezer for just such recipes. The banana taste comes through nicely. I think I'll up the cinnamon next time, but that's just me. A cinnamon lover. As a previous reviewer stated, nutmeg would work nicely as well. :-)
These are very delicious! Made for our "breakfast dinner" that we have once a week. They tasted similar to a banana bread, but not as heavy. The butter rum sauce was outstanding!! Just a couple spoonfuls was all we needed on each serving; was good because it omitted the extra butter and syrup we usually add to the pancakes. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag January 2010.
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love cooking for family and friends. I especially enjoy baking...it is like combining art and science to create something extraordinary. I am most known for making desserts like Recipe #336060. My pet peeve: when people sign-up to bring dessert to a pot-luck or dinner party and they bring something pre-made from the store. My friends and family now know to always let me bring the dessert. :) I enjoy traveling and believe that one of the best ways to experience a culture is through food. I have lived in Germany, Spain and Switzerland, and currently live in the US. My rating system: 5 stars - Excellent! Delicious! Could not be better...will make often. 4 stars - Very good! May tweak slightly. 3 stars - Good base recipe. Will need to tweak. 2 stars - Ok. Will keep looking. Cooking Contests & Games: <img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/590105/hcabc.jpg> <img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/snow-queens-sm.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <img src="http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj81/HokiesLady65/Banners/ST_AMBADGE.jpg"> <img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/holidaybadge.gif" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg"> <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif"> <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg"> <img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/cc-banner-7-09.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">