Burgers With Alfalfa Sprouts
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary (powdered is fine, too)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout
- 1 lb lean ground beef (I use 93% lean)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces lowfat mozzarella cheese (1 slice)
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a bowl, beat the egg white.
- Stir in the oats, onion, rosemary, and salt.
- Finely chop 1/2 cup of alfalfa sprouts and add to the mixture in the bowl.
- Add the beef and mix well.
- Make 4 3/4 inch thick patties and place them on an unheated broiler pan.
- Broil 2-3 inches away from heat for 6 minutes.
- Turn and broil for another 6-8 minutes or until they're as done as you like them.
- While the patties are broiling, cut the cheese into 8 strips.
- Place 2 strips criss-cross on each patty IMMEDIATELY when they're done broiling.
- Garnish the top of the patties with the rest of the sprouts.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note