Buca Di Beppo Italian Wedding Soup
- Ready In:
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 4 ounces chicken breasts, strips cooked
- 5 ounces sausage meatballs, cooked
- 2 ounces escarole, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb Italian pastina, cooked
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 1 ounce diced red pepper
- 1 ounce romano cheese, garnish
- SAUSAGE MEATBALL PROCEDURE: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll 5 oz. of sausage into miniature meatballs.
- Place on a well-oiled cookie sheet and bake in oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove and let cool. Set aside.
- PASTINA PROCEDURE: Bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Add 1 lb. Pastina. Cook until al dente (approximately 10 min.). Strain and set aside.
- CHICKEN TENDER PROCEDURE: Slice 4 oz. of boneless chicken breast into strips.
- Brush cookie sheet with olive oil, and lay out chicken strips.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Remove and let cool. Set aside.
- TO SERVE -- Heat chicken stock. When boiling add cooked chicken, sausage meatballs, chopped escarole and Pastina.
- In a separate bowl mix 2 fresh eggs and 1/2 cup of Romano cheese.
- Add the egg/Romano cheese mixture to the boiling soup and stir gently. Cook one more minute until egg mixture is firm.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with diced red peppers and Romano cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am originally from Minneapolis, Minnesota and moved to Ohio in 1978. It was quite a culture shock going from the city to living next to the Amish. I spend most of my time cooking, cleaning and caring for my four kids. I have abandoned cookbooks and now cook from favorite, wilted recipe pages and the internet. I fell in love with my Italian family recipes (Scavo, Rotella, Scalzo, Micelli, Grande, Gigliotti) and my Mom's homecooked meals.