Brown Sugar Toffee Ice Cream With Dulce De Leche Swirl
- Ready In:
- Heat half&half, 1 cup of the cream, salt, and both sugars in a saucepan. Add the vanilla bean seeds and pod to the mixture.
- Cover the saucepan and let steep for about 30 minutes.
- Pour the rest of the cream into a large bowl and set a mesh strainer on top. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks together and slowly pour in the warmed milk mixture, whisking constantly.
- Pour the contents back into the pan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a heat-resistant spatula until the custard thickens.
- Strain the custard into the heavy cream.
- Put the vanilla bean back into the custard and cream.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and chill thoroughly.
- When chilled remove the vanilla bean and freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturers instructions.
- During the last few minutes of churning, add the toffee bits to the ice cream so that they can be evenly distributed.
- Whisk the dulce de leche in a small bowl.
- When the ice cream is finished churning, pour it into a freezable container, alternating scoops of ice cream with scoops of dulce de leche.
- Gently swirl ice cream mixture a few times to mix things up.
- Freeze to desired consistency.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm 23 years old and I live in Trinidad. One of the islands in the Caribbean. I love baking and have a major sweet tooth but I am trying to cook more savoury foods and I am enjoying trying new recipes. Recently I have come to love photographing the food I make. Too bad they don't all come out photo worthy, but at least they still taste good! lol <img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BANNERS/SuperBowlSTKR.jpg> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BANNERS/TeaSuppers-STKR.jpg">