Brown Sugar-Glazed Sweet Potatoes With Marshmallows
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 4 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces (yams)
- 2⁄3 cup golden brown sugar, packed
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Arrange potatoes in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Combine sugar, butter, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and ginger in heavy small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Pour over potatoes; toss to coat.
- Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake potatoes 50 minutes.
- Uncover; bake until potatoes are tender
- and syrup thickens slightly, basting occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool; cover and refrigerate. Rewarm potatoes in 350ºF oven until heated through, about 20 minutes, before continuing).
- Increase oven temperature to 500ºF.
- Top potatoes with marshmallows
- and nuts.
- Return to oven; bake until marshmallows begin to melt and nuts begin to brown, about 3 minutes.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"