Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes
An easy way to use sweet potatoes with items that I always have in my pantry.
- Ready In:
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (3-4 potatoes can be used without changing the other ingredients)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- Peel sweet potatoes, quarter lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/8 inch thin slices.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss for about 1 minute to thoroughly coat potatoes.
- Lower heat, cover pan and cook until the potatoes are just tender when pierced (about 10 minutes). Toss potatoes occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add syrup. Increase heat to medium and cook uncovered for 5-10 minutes, tossing occasionally, until potatoes are evenly glazed.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We liked this, we had a guest who did too. DH's comment was "not at the very top of the list of the sweet potato recipes you have tried out recently, but definiately nice enough to keep and to have semi regularly". Zaar has turned him into a food snob LOL. I was a little afraid that the sweetness in the potato and the sweetness of the maple syrup combined would be a bit over the top, but somehow they are different and complimented each other, and while it was sweet, it wasn't too much at all. Please see my rating system: 4 stars for a simple, easy to make recipe that was enjoyed by all and requested again :) Thanks!Reply