Bourbon Sweet Potatoes
This is a great make ahead recipe for those big family get-to-gathers. I often mix them the day before, adding the marshmallows and baking the day of the feast. I believe they are much better if they are refrigerated overnight or as leftovers the next day.
- Ready In:
- 3 (18 ounce) cans sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon (I usually splash in a little more)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Put sweet potatoes in a large sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until heated through.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mash sweet potatoes
- Add sugar, butter, bourbon, vanilla and beat until well blended and smooth.
- Turn into a 2 quart shallow baking dish
- Sprinkle marshmallows on top
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I forget to rate these. I made these for Thanksgiving and they were awesome. I used 5 large sweet potatoes. I boiled them first. I did not mash them but sliced them about 1/2 inch or a little thicker. I then followed the recipe. I also added a more bourbon probable 1/2 cup. They were delicious. Thanks Roger/OH for sharing such a wonderful recipe.Reply
We did this recipe for Thanksgiving it was great. My husband the chef2b and I aren't sweet potatoe lovers but liked these. Only thing we changed was to add 1/2c orange juice and we used brown sugar instead of regular. The "smell" of Bourbon, we used Woodford Reserve was over whelming but well liked by family members. They joked who neeeds a drink with these around. We will be making these again for Christmas.1Reply