Broiled Shrimp With Tunisian Spice
A simple and tasty recipe with North African flare. Recipe from recipeisland.com.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb unshelled shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- lemon wedge
- Using a sharp knife, butterfly the shrimp by splitting them down the middle - but not all the way through, leaving the tails intact (the original recipe said to just use kitchen scissors and cut them down the middle and leave the tails intact. . up to you which method to use).
- Lay the shrimp in a single layer in a large shallow dish. In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients, except lemon wedges. Pour over shrimp and let marinate for 2 hours.
- Preheat broiler. Broil shrimp for 4 minutes or until pink. Serve with lemon wedges.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was super easy & tastes pretty good. We expected a little more heat, but really it all just tasted like cumin. The lemon was a must to help mellow that dominating flavor. The ground ginger wasn't recognizable at all. I like this recipe though, so I'll just tweak it a bit next time. Made as directed, except I didn't butterfly the shrimp since I started combining all the ingredients & then found out I needed to leave the house right away. I threw everything into a Ziplock bag and it marinated overnight. We actually ate this for breakfast this morning! LOL Thanks for posting, JB! Made for ZWT-6 Team Xtra Hot Dishes! :)Reply